Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest post on Planes Trains and Shanes! Read below for topics we are currently interested in and for guest post guidelines.
Accepting guest post submissions for:
1. Honest Reviews
Did you fall in love with a location that people recommended you should skip? Did you have high expectations for a location only to be disappointed? Help us change our readers minds by sharing honest reviews.
Check out this post on the Blue Lagoon in Iceland as reference.
2. how to guides
Did you have an amazing experience and want others to know how they can do it too? Write about it! When you write this guide, think of the main sections as “who, what, where, when, why” in addition to the most important – “how”!
We want to set realistic expectations. There are so many reviews that inflate the truth, but we want our readers to know exactly what to expect.
Check out this post on How to see a polar bear in Norway as reference.
3. travel without kids
Most of our readers are either millennials who don’t have kids, or are empty-nesters as their kids are adults and on their own. Tell us about the best trips you have taken and tips for others on how they can take them too.
4. adventure travel
Our readers love to hear personal stories. Tell us about that time you went scuba diving, backpacking through the grand canyon, or on a safari to spot orca whales.
guest post guidelines
- All submissions must be 1000+ words.
- Submit your submission as a Microsoft Word document. Please include any headers and subheaders you would like included in the formatting of your submission.
- Include 2-3 high quality photos. These can be phone photos, but must be clear and not blurry. All pictures must be your own.
- Content must be original and cannot be published anywhere else.
- Be unique! “Top things to do in Paris” does not stand out to readers.
- Be personal! Your post should include personal experiences, stories, or tips to make it more relevant to the reader.
- Be open to edits. We are subject to edit it to match our tone and overall style, but we will not publish anything without your permission.
- Promote your post through your own avenues. We will let you know as soon as we share your post on our blog and social media avenues. Be proud of your work! You deserve to show off how awesome you are.
Ready to submit your idea? Go to our contact page and let’s connect!